At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

peaches

I ate a peach from California today. I've done it before here and it gives me pause every time. I sit and think about how global economics allows for me to buy a peach that has has traveled all the way from my home for little more than 20 cents, but it takes $1000 for me to make the same trip. The peach tasted like California too. I know, all this is obvious, but my life has become much more sedate of late.