At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Taiwanese BBQ

So summer has come and what I wanted was a BBQ. I asked around as to whether I could have one in a park, but nothing came of it for more than a month. Then Roxanna, my co-teacher was relating with a giggle that I wanted to have a BBQ in the park across the street. Telling the story she decided we should all have a BBQ at our co-worker's mother's house. All my favorite people were there.
BBQ
Sonia's mom's house is also a bag factory. I never considered where bags were made in Taiwan, but apparently it's places like this. I made hamburgers, which I think was a bit strange as hamburgers are generally a breakfast food here, and they only went over so so, but ummmm, it made me so happy. They could have been bigger though.
Thomas and hanbaobao
In addition to the hamburgers there was about 100 pounds of meat, including rice stuffed sausages- Yummy. Roxanna and Grace's children were adorable.
Jie Jie I especially love this shot of Andrew. Andrew
It was a great way to end out the year with all of them, though I suppose it's not really the end as I'm having dinner with them on Wednesday. Tomorrow Katie and Annalily leave. The home is broken down and I'm just going to sit tight for a few days waiting for the above mentioned dinner and let the place sink in.