At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Second to last week of school

Well, if I thought I would have a really solid conclusion to this whole Fulbright experience thing, I think my hopes have been dashed. Things are so busy at school that I'm running around like a happy chicken with my head cut off, but then again so is everyone else. Today, my lessons were interrupted because I was to go around the school and take pictures with one of the deans. We will both biye this year, "graduate" that is, from Zhongxing guoxiao and the school is making us a picture memory album. It's really quite sweet and I think it will be a lovely thing to have to ship home. There was also a BBQ with the 6th grade at lunch, which I left early to teach the 5th grade their English farewll speech to the 6th grade, and of course classes, tying up grades and writing the 5th grade exam. Whooo! I did just get back from a lovely shopping outing that resulted in no extra things to send home.

Miri visited at the begining of the week and I tried to play the wonderful hostess while she very adeptly played the wonderful guest. All of my housemates really enjoyed her presence and I loved catching up. We had Taiwanese hotpot and I took her out to my favorite spot, Xinliao waterfall to breath in some ions.

Now I'm trying to make myself extra beautiful for the wedding photos we will have this Sunday and finish up the 700 other things I have planned before I move up to Taipei.

Despit all this business I've had more time to play with my camera, so go check out more photos at flicker. I think clicking on the picture will take you there.
sleeping dog w sign