At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

There are pluses to Living in the tropics

Okay so there is only one plus and I'm not sure if it outways the sweat pouring down my back, the air so humid you can feel it and it leaves you aching with cold at 50 degrees and dying at 80, heat headaches and bug bites, but it's pretty good.

Fruit! Fruit is wonderful in the tropics. I just had a small green Taiwan mango. I hadn't tried it before because, well, it was green so I thought it must not be ripe. Wrong, it was sweet and tasty and overall, simply wonderful. My only grip is that it is small. I also have had my share of wonderful (and cheap) papaya, pineapple, starfruit, things I don't really know the name of in English and other yumminess.

I do really think that I am adventurous foodwise, I've tried the dorean and the stinky tofu, but sometimes I get stuck in a stupid rut. Mangoes are about 30-60 cents cheaper than apples. The apples, even the New Zealand apples, ain't so hot anymore as they are really out of season and have to go a long way. I still buy them over mangoes for some stupid habitual reason. I will overcome and then be sad when I'm in the states and starfruit are 4 bucks a shot.