At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Busy little worker bee

I keep thinking I have something to say and then forgeting to write and then forgeting what I had to say. So I will valently move forward anyway. I've been working hard at school, I stayed 40 min. late today. I'm making a portfolio of the year, a somewhat pointless project, but it gives me a chance to say good things about myself and harbor illusions that some future employer will want to look at this information. I'm also helping kids get ready for the super big English competition. I some how got stuck with the shitty part even though I rejected it before. There is a dictionary looking up competions (my kids think it's really fun- shows how boring their lives are), a spelling competition, a song and dance competition and a speech competition. I declined to do the speech competition, because it is not fun to sit with a kid and watch them struggle to memorize something, but I wrote the speech. Then the student teacher who was going to train the girl coped out so I ended up doing that job instead of any of the other way cooler competitions. The girl is very sweet and she tries hard, in fact she was the only one who volunteered to memorize two pages of words in a language she doesn't really know and say them in front of a big group of people. She's not that good at it though, so she is even harder to prepare. Ah well, all this will be made up for by the fact that I get to be incharge of the English play which is an adapted version, by yours truely, of my favorite children's book ever, "Leo the Late Bloomer."

See how productive I can be.