At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Names

I added four new classes today at my co-school. They are 3rd and 4th graders and of course I had to introduce myself and it had to be pretty simple. I went around to all the students asking their names and telling them mine. Some of the names almost made me crack up and say really, I mean names like apple and bananna. Then I learned that my co-teacher gives the kids who have a really hard time names that are easy and that they will definately know, namely words from their phonics like apple and bannana. I hope these kids get better at English soon so they can get better names and I hope that they don't for some reason decide to keep them and end up applying to graduate school in the US with a name like Bannana Hua. On the upside there are 2 Lions and one Tiger. Tiger won a game and I couldn't help myself from saying Grrrrreat! Luckily I just look like a strange foreign teacher when I do that since children's cereals aren't too popular here.