At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

My Life is Molding

Sometime last week my housemate Annalily let out a terrible moan. She had found that some of the shoes she hadn't recently worn were covered in mold. I was ready for bed and knowing that I had stuff in her closet I put in ear plugs as she continued to wail over new grossnesses. In the morning she came to me and said, "I don't mean to alarm you, but I think your clothes are molding. Indeed they were. In total 5 pieces of clothing, one book and one bag all had mold on them. Jenny warned me that my life would mold and come to think of it so did the Fulbright handbook, but I had ignored it. After all after a few months of 80% humidity it doesn't seem that wet and you get used to the smells. Even the mold growing on our walls didn't alarm me too much, but my clothes? That's gross. Now don't let this make you think I'm a filthy person. Nope, it's not that. Mold is just a way of life and everyone I've mentioned it to hasn't said more than, "Oh yeah, you should get some desiccant." desiccant- which comes in oatmeal, bagels at 7-11, and any other product you might keep for more than a week. Yum.