At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Monday, March 13, 2006

For my arty friends

Today I taught a 5th grade ugly, pretty, dirty clean, polluted. I pulled a bunch of images out of magazines only I don't have to many magazines. I used an image of Patricia Piccinini's "Nature's Little Helpers." I wanted to let the students decide if it was pretty or ugly. Well I got a resounding "UGLY" out of the whole class and their were several students in one class who couldn't stop laughing every time I pulled the photo out. They were however very curious and wanted to know what it was and what it was made of. Plus I had a short but interesting little art discussion with my co-teacher about how the creature starts really ugly but becomes cute and endearing the more you look at it. So what I'm saying is, way to go contemporary art in classrooms. And sorry Patricia if you google yourself and find this. I think they would enjoy the piece if they were a bit older.