At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

You'd think I'd learn

Long time followers of this blog will know that I accidently erased the whole thing sometime in December. Well you would think that I would learn not to mess with clicking yes to chinese language things. Well I didn't and I subsequently erased all the music from my ipod. Yup, that's me. I try to break into the world of technology and it can only go badly. It makes me wonder if the digital camera of my dreams is really a good idea. No need to cheer me up. I do that pretty well for myself plus Fiona describes my experience not as stupidity but as being adverturous. I like that, adventurous.

In other news it's raining again, I got to go to costco this weekend and bought real oatmeal. You have no idea how much I love oatmeal. In fact if you had told me that before I came here I would laugh. Thank Annalily for being a wonderful oatmeal chef.
I went to the hospital to get a Japanese incephilitus shot and had a conversation all in Chinese in which I was basically told the doctor didn't know who could do that for adults, they only give it to kids. So though I triumphantly visited the doctor myself and told him my needs in Chinese, I still probably have to go to Taipei. I'm also not sure if I will be able to stay after my visa runs out on August 1st. Looking into my crystal ball I see a pile of Chinese language buracratic trouble. But I might get something out of my ticket home that I thought I might just need to let float into oblivion so who knows, maybe I will farm for WOLF in Thailand for a month this summer. Or is that a bad idea, does that sound like going on a sailing trip from Tahiti to Hawaii? A good sounding idea with dire possiblities?