At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Monday, June 05, 2006

I did it!

So I did it, I bought the Nikon D50. I am so very happy and I'm sure Colin, who has listened paciently to me debate the merits of different cameras and lenses, is happy to. I'm a very good consumer, perhaps too good. I have yet to regret a well researched purchase though. In fact the only thing I think I'll be sad about on this on is that it puts my little digital Pentax out of a job. I used to use it when I wanted fast and quick but that is taken care of by the D50. I get wrapped up in the talk about the various products and read and read and read and well it takes a while even after I'm 99% sure that I really know what I want. Then there is the question of where to buy.

In this case I weighed the cost difference to the painintheassness of getting a camera sent from the US only to discover that companies can't ship Nikons from the US or at least what I want. So then the question was Luodong from the guy I know or Taipei where things are cheaper. Given that once I know I want something and I'm ready I want it immediatly and given that I don't natively speak this language and wanted to feel comfortable with my purchase, I went with the local guy. I think it was good too. Although he couldn't tell the warranties apart (Taiwan vs. World) because they had no Chinese, he threw in a bag and a really cool weight reducing strap and cleaning kit. Plus he's going to the trouble to order me an English Manual which despite my year in Taiwan, I despratly need.

I suppose I'm only writing because the battery needs to charge and I can't play with it. Ah, I guess I'll go to bed and play tomorrow.

Yeah!