At it again

It may be hard to start anew, but we often forget the lessons of the past and are thus allowed to move forward with more rewarding mistakes. I am "at it again" writing this blog, which begins in in December because I accidently erased it. I am "at it again" living abroad because I I erased from my memory the continous miscommunication and confusion of it. Luckly you can sit back in the comforts of your native language and culture and enjoy my adventures, hopefully with a laugh or snicker.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Disconnect

A typhoon is coming on here. I've become Taiwanese in my emotion towards typhoons. They in no way scare me and are instead a lovely excuss to stay inside all day, which is what I do a lot of the time anyway, but to have too, ahh. To get the need for more space out of our system we walked though the pre typhoon rains to the movies and saw Pirates of the Carribean. I was so wet you might not have known that I had an umbrella.

We home again and I feeling a little disconnected. I've been feeling this a lot recently. Colin and I are planning such big things and I keep wanting more council. More people to tell me the dress looks fine, you will be a good architect, don't bother applying to schools where Colin couldn't find a job. I know all this but I want my people, my friends and family closer to share with. I guess part of it is that my nearby close relations have shrunk as of late. I have Colin, but I guess I didn't realize how much my housemates and co-workers meant to me.

My solution seems to be to have checked my e-mail and blog more than neccessary. I have also become obsessed with flickr and am in the process of belonging to my first online community. Oy vey.